02 December 2020

Downed MiG-19

I picked up this 1/100 Tamiya MiG-19 in Japan a few years ago. There's not many instances in my current projects where I can use this, but the Albanians were still flying these (well some were still able to fly) at the time of the Kosovo War in 1999.

I decided that instead of a flying model it could act as a focal point for a mission or just battlefield tat by being a downed aircraft (and a quick search confirmed that not all crashed jets end up as a crater and charred frame!).

I based it on an old CD and ripped one of the wings. there's also battle damage at the rear to represent an S-125 (SA-3 Goa) missile strike, same type that shot down the F-117 in Kosovo.

I added the pilot (a 15mm WWII Soviet tanker from Battlefront) so I could easily play a downed pilot scenario for any rule set, like the one Warlord Games has for Bolt Action:
https://www.warlordgames.com/special-mission-downed-raf-pilot/

And this all ties in nicely to the film 'Behind Enemy Lines'.

No comments:

Post a Comment