07 December 2020

The Football Game

Board game night at Eureka had Nic, Ara, Jack, Liam and myself try out 'The Football Game' by London Board Games:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Football-Game-Board-London-Games/dp/B074FZXTJR

The game is a little chaotic, as you deal with the random allocation of players (some great, some not so) and the rounds dice (deciding which players perform well and those that are injured).

I had the 'Crowd Pleaser', that scored each round as his colour was neutral - but that didn't force me to more aggressively upgrade my players earlier in the game. When I did, I didn't leave enough players for when knocks and injuries sidelined some of my newly purchased star players.

The joint winners of the night were Nic and Liam, who clearly knew what they were doing. 

Next time I have a more sound strategy of taking calculated risks to rise to the top tier leagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment