22 December 2020

Kris Kringle Miniature 2020

After playing The Football Game a few weeks' ago, Ara, Jack, Liam and I cemented what we would want from a Kris Kringle. We kept it simple and decided we would paint a single miniature to match what the person we were gifting to had in their collection.

Using the app Elfster (as drawing from a hat had Jack pick himself), I got Liam - who stated he was doing a fantasy chaos army or fantasy in general (Frostgrave, etc.) or something for Zone Raiders.

I had a rummage around in the lead mountain and found this tribal tracker from Parroom Station Miniatures:

I added a backpack (with grenades, an antique pistol, etc.) from Games Workshop's Kroot plastic kit to make it look more like it was a sci-fi raider. Liam also mentioned that he'd wouldn't be doing the basing so the receiver could match it to their collection. So I did the same.

I finished it in two short sessions, using a mix or earthy colours (to suit the post-apocalyptic setting), but adding a blue face mask to reflect the domination of Covid-19 in 2020. Would definitely do this again (Kris Kringle, not the coronavirus. Obviously).

No comments:

Post a Comment