09 January 2021

Wargaming Flags for the 2021 Storming of the United States Capitol

I admit that I love flags in my wargaming armies. The ability to design something in Photoshop and then print, glue and touch up with acrylic paint is a small part of the hobby I really enjoy.

The storming of the US Capitol on 6 January 2021 in Washington, D.C. were shocking but not a complete surprise. My wargaming group joked that we should wargame the events (this was before the reports of fatalities) as either as a 28mm skirmish or riot game.

If you're looking for miniatures, any modern / zombie range would have suitable figures, but Offensive Miniatures' rioting mob and the law range is perfect and one I've eyed for years for such a game:
https://www.offensiveminiatures.com/rioting-mob-and-the-law

Seeing the crowds in Washington with all those flags made me think of a traditional zombie game, so I got to work.

Feel free to download and amend as required. The plan would be to print (sized at 3cm high), attach to brass rod and add them (temporarily) to my 28mm zombies for Mantic's Walking Dead All Out War.

This article on Quartz explains in part the allure of flags at such events:
https://qz.com/1953366/decoding-the-pro-trump-insurrectionist-flags-and-banners/

I hope they add some colour to your games.

Edit (20 January 2021):

Have printed and glued them to florist wire, just need to paint the edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment