24 January 2021

Flags of Our Zombies Chapter 3: Running into Trouble

Derek and Patrick decided to brave Pine Creek once more, and head into the town to try and find vital medical supplies for Liam. Covering themselves in gore from downed Walkers, they sneak through the heart of infested territory.

Both Derek and Patrick had gory clothing, Derek with his hatchet and small knife, Patrick with his trusty baseball bat, (and Bitzer Maloney along for the ride again). The group would need to travel from the bottom right back to their car (top left) on the bird's eye view of the board below.


There are no supplies in this scenario (page 10 of 'Days Gone Bye'), but one of the five markers a is the "Munitions Store Special Objective" marker. Instead of using the markers on the board, I shuffled them and would flip one every time I searched an objective.

Started off slowly (though 'The Hunger' were the first two Event Cards I drew, increasing the Threat level), I had both of them sneaking and attempting to reduce the Threat Tracker (only being successful after four rolls). The first two objectives yielding nothing, but the central one was what I was after. Now to get off the board.

The only combat was when I ran my group into "Release the Kraken" Joe, as I couldn't see a gap. I failed my Noise roll (as I had run with my Gory Clothes) with Derek, so there was a second walker joining the combat. This wasn't a concern, as combined they rolled six hits (with a head shot) to take them out.

In between this I had drawn the 'Escaped Livestock' Event Card again. This time the chickens weren't so lucky...

Sneaking up to the car to avoid the herd around the chicken bones, the group managed to avoid a 'Mega Herd' and 'Fire!' Event Cards that signalled it was time to leave.

I'm planning to run this as a story based campaign using the scenarios from the first three books, and the characters and equipment that I started with, the scenarios suggest or what I find in supplies (but will have to pay for when put a group together for a scenario). So far I have:

As Derek and Patrick drove back to their camp, they were hoping that they would be able to stop Liam from turning into one of those things...


No comments:

Post a Comment