24 January 2021

Flags of Our Zombies Chapter 2: City Slicker

(* Well should really be "Small Town Slicker".)

Leaving his friends behind, Derek undertakes a short journey to Pine Creek to search for other survivors or a working car. Forced to travel on foot, Derek is initially overwhelmed by the Walkers outside a Walmart. Now he is trapped in an unknown town crawling with the walking dead...

As I had won the previous scenario, I was able to load up on what I imagine (to maintain the story telling element of the campaign) what was in the police car.

Derek dropped the screwdriver and scythe for a hatchet and small knife, a Colt 1911 pistol, ammo and a small keepsake. I would aim to only use the hatchet and small knife to prevent any Mayhem being caused. Bitzer Maloney would accompany Derek, but would have (for now) no impact on game mechanics.

The scenario requires Derek to move from the bottom centre, to the top centre. The primary aim for Derek is to find a car with a set of keys. The Audi at the top of the board with the backpack next to it would provide this.

I started off by sneaking to the supply counter to Derek's left, yielding an old gun (better than a walker or a bear trap!).

Event cards early on were not a concern for me ('Forest Walkers' and 'Fire'), and I engaged the Kekistan flag bearer in the centre of the table as I imagine he'd cause a problem later on.

Sure enough, after I engaged the walker at the car, I drew the 'Grim Recognition' event card - forcing me to roll for panic (something Derek hardly ever has to do), The 'Terrified' result meant I only had one action, but with the walker taken out I was able to search the backpack, gaining keys for the car and some bandages.

The 'Mega Herd' event was thankfully not rolled earlier, I don't think I could have handled this many walkers!

Derek whistled for Bitzer to get in the car, the fuel gauge was almost full, "Bonus" thought Derek as he drove quickly back to the others.

A successful mission (we'll never speak of the first attempt where Derek got swamped by three walkers and died...).

Game 3 can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment