01 January 2019

Australian New Year's Eve Gaslands Championship 2018

After a recent surge of interest in Osprey Games' 'Gaslands', this year saw the inaugural Australian New Year's Eve Gaslands Championship at Phil's place, in nice summer weather with plenty of food and drink.

We were required to build vehicle(s) worth no more than 25 cans and sponsors or perks were not available. I took my recently completed blue car with two forward facing mini-guns and smoke.

There were two qualifying races before a Grand Final Race. The first qualifying race was Death Race, where in my inexperience (this was my first game!) I managed to get rammed twice by Tyler's red rammer, die a couple of times, but still finished second (no one came even close to catching Andrew's bike). Walter (dark blue car), Paul (pink Mini) were left driving in circles, while Andrew's blue car provided support.


The second qualifying race was an automatic pass for the two cars left (some late drop outs), so it was straight to the final - Saturday Night Live! More carnage with Andrew, Andreas and Scott, and therefore only one photo. I will need to read up on the scenario, as sometimes killing another car isn't a good thing.


Lots of explosions, an oil slick, along with some cunning and plenty of back stabbing. I managed equal third (there were four of us) and also best painted car. I love the chaos in this game. Thanks for hosting Phil - bring on more in 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment