01 February 2019

LAF Build Something Contest 2019 - Part 4 (Knees and Sushi Lids)

As stated, I've glued toilet tissue paper to the head (and tested it on a leg). Here's what it looks like.


I like the look it achieves, but I'll need to start gluing from the bottom body part and then move to the top to achieve the right look with the overlapping. I think (hoping?) it's going to paint up really well. The current plan is dark greys for the body, with the face and/or head like the cat mascot I posted previously. I still don't know if I should paint over the eyes or leave them (with a black Blade Runner style eyeliner).

I have also made the knee joints - they will be the only "internal" parts showing, as one leg has been ripped off and will also have the guitar string wires in a mess spilling out from both parts.


They were made by cutting up the tube you get with a roll of dog toilet bags, adding a circular cap to each end by gluing a larger rectangular plastic sheet and then trimming it to size. The final step was to use a simple hole punch to create the joint cap. This will be easier to see when painted (as the plastic is semi-clear).

Finally I'm needing help with the back outlet ports. They're just the lids from soy sauce fish shaped bottles you get with sushi takeaway (https://www.techly.com.au/2016/08/12/techly-explains-whats-deal-little-soy-sauce-fish-comes-takeaway-sushi/) that may or may not be available in your part of the world. I've never used them before, but while having some sushi the other day I realised the lids would be useful for this build. They will have guitar string wires attached to the end and I don't know if they should be lined up vertically or horizontally.

 
Which do you prefer?

No comments:

Post a Comment