17 August 2020

Pig Tickler with 1920s Victoria Police

I finally finished my Pig Tickler set from Eureka Miniatures that I got around 14 years ago(!). I painted them as 1920s Victoria mounted police to give them an Australian flavour.

I replaced the lances and shovel handle with brass rod and added paper pennants to differentiate the players.

The game is available here:
https://www.eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=87_126_153_163&sort=3a

Note that since I bought set, Eureka have remastered the miniatures to very nice Crimean War inspired uniforms, as seen on Dr Mathia's lovely blog:
http://miniatureextravaganza.blogspot.com/2018/05/lead-painters-league-2018-round-1-pig.html

You'll need to let Nic (or the agents for the UK and US websites) know you want the newer or older set.

And as I imagine the game is played on a cricket oval here in Victoria in winter, I built some sight screens as added terrain.

I have yet to play a game, but it feels good to get another thing done!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice VL, do they get a run often?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only once, but I have plans to play again soon.

    ReplyDelete