12 December 2018

Car Wars Conversions 3

I finally finished the sixth toy car conversion today (while I've been home with a chest infection). This time a Hot Wheels 1968 Oldsmobile 442 that I bought back in September and converted at the time.


It got the same treatment as the others:
https://donnerundblitzenwargaming.blogspot.com/2017/05/car-wars-65-pontiac-gto-and-63-chevy-ii.html
https://donnerundblitzenwargaming.blogspot.com/2017/05/car-wars-conversions-2.html

And I painted it blue to match the set (which can be all part of the same faction or with the Volkswagen and Land Rover in a sub-faction (paired off against the earth coloured "wolves").




Some of the decals are 20+ years old, so there was a bit of swearing when I applied them, but by adding some weathering to them too (and not just the body work), I think it's come out okay. Although as I type this I see in these photos that the blues are a little off. I doubt I'll go back and fix it, as on the table it will be hardly noticeable.

The car has the giant circular saw to deal with wire lines across the road - I think I'll finish this project off with a pair of 20mm WWII bikes to act as dispatch/outriders. Currenly AB Figures WWII will be the easiest to source.

No comments:

Post a Comment