22 October 2017

Knights of Dice's 1889 Mignola Avenue Part 2

Work continues on 1889 Mignola Avenue. I dry brushed the "concrete" parts tones of grey:


I probably should have painted the access covers, etc at this point, but I was too impatient and wanted to glue this beauty together. I'm gushing, aren't I?

Painted the door blue as a point of difference on the model:


I also glued a sheet of clear plastic followed by a sheet of slightly textured black card for the backing of the windows and door:


I will just need to be careful I don't dirty them as I finish the rest of the build.

Next step involved gluing the inside strips of brick, ensuring they were glued the right way up:


I also used clothes pegs to ensure I got a clean fit:


The roof got a light black wash to bring back some definition:


And I glued on the side panels, ensuring just a thin layer of PVA:


Slowly getting there, but probably can finish it off in two sessions; one for the washes, one for the tufts of foliage, etc.

1 comment:

  1. Take your time. That detailing looks fantastic. KoD make beautiful kits and the look even better when you put work like this into them. I;d probably cave and buy their stuff if it wouldn't have to ship from so far away :( . The shipping cost on MDF period have hemmed me in to point I am going to have a go at DIY .

    ReplyDelete