22 October 2017

(Mad) Maximillian 1934 Part 1

Yesterday I dropped into Eureka Miniatures and picked up (among other things) the Mad Maximillian Flyer car, running versions of the crew miniatures and the turning template for the Maximillian 1934 rules by Mana Press.

Even though (like most of us) I have other projects that need to be finished (planned games, tournaments, etc) I was keen to get started what I got:


The above photo shows all the parts you get with the Mad Maximillian Flyer (100MMX003), swapping out the driver for the female one, the female driver foot figure (100MMX009), the bareheaded male running with flimsies (100MMX010) along with the turning template for Maximillian 1934.

I also added the Double Armed Heroine, based Louise Brooks photo with the two pistols:


Not sure if she's available yet from Eureka, but she's a beautiful little figure. You can read about Ms Brooks here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louise_Brooks

Late last night I managed to glue the car together and started painting the template. A little fiddly, but a lot of fun!

The only mod I need to do to the resin hull was file some groves on the left and right hand side directly behind the grille to allow the front axle plate fit:


The rear gunner arrangement was the most fiddly. I decided to glue everything together, as I could tell I'd need to fill gaps with Greenstuff. Particularly at the join between the support and the hull. I was impressed how well everything fitted together, it only took 30 minutes or so.


I then glued car (that'll be dubbed the Bull of Dudley Flats) onto a credit (well gift) card base and will now need to plaster the base along with those for the figures on foot:


The man holding the Lewis gun will need to have his have sculpted, and I'll probably add a few things on each of them to make them unique.

For those wanting to get their template done, instead of following Mana Press' video:
https://www.facebook.com/tribalgame/videos/1891941354153823/

A quick alternative would be just to use a black felt tip pen. I decided to go ahead with another alternative and paint mine raw umber with a highlight instead, as I wanted to do something with chalk (as the Mignola Avenue building had turned out so well).


These parts still need a spray of matt varnish, which will dull down that dustiness they now have.

I also haven't full decided on the car's colour scheme, I'm currently thinking of dark grey or black and call it the Black Bull.

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Cant wait to see the car all painted up

    I just picked up Eureka's "one of everything" pack for this game and am looking forward to building these fighting jalopies too

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look good, I got my order yesterday. I bought all the cars, running crew, accessories and some extras for it like the Victoria Police on foot and Mounted. Although, I did not get the Double Armed Heroine, based Louise Brooks. Have to ask about her.

    Are you going to Cancon 2018. If you are, bringing your cars to Humpty-Doo Death-Derby the Maximiilian 1934 tournament at Cancon 2018. Here is the details....
    http://www.cgs.asn.au/cancon/tournament/maximillian-1934/

    ReplyDelete