06 November 2017

Pop-up Globe Theatre's Henry V

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother"

― William Shakespeare, Henry V

The other day I went to watch the Pop-up Globe's production of Henry V, Shakespeare's tale of King Henry V taking on the French army at Agincourt in the face of impossible odds. I enjoyed this immersive theatrical experience complete with spectacular and blood-thirsty battle scenes, with men in full armour wielding broadswords, longbows, garottes, crossbows, bagpipes and... a frying pan.

Pop-up Globe is a full-scale temporary replica of the second Globe, the theatre Shakespeare and his company built and opened in 1614 after the first Globe theatre burned to the ground, and more information can be found here:
https://popupglobe.com.au/

Below are some of the photos I took. If you can go, I recommend you do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment