29 January 2019

LAF Build Something Contest 2019 - Part 3 (Repositioning)

Painting-wise I was going to go with black/dark grey colours and lots of rust, then covered with greenery. However, I am thinking of painting her like one of Stålenhag's more colourful things, like this mascot:



Last week I also repositioned her so the pose is way less sexual and look a lot more relaxed/sleeping. I then covered parts in Milliput to bulk out the shape and give it a more of an android form:


Looks wise I still want the peeling of "skin", as in the original artwork that inspired the build and this piece that is haunting:


To achieve this look I started covering parts in small (1-2cm²) pieces in toilet paper, and then squeezing supaglue over it. I've only done the head, but it has done wonders in giving a whole lot of rigidity to the soft plastic of the head (the rest of a Barbie is made of a lot harder plastic). I'll post pictures of this step in the next few days once I've done a little more (including the jaw/mouth).

No comments:

Post a Comment