20 January 2019

LAF Build Something Contest 2019 - Part 2 (Cutting Up a Barbie)

Finally (some) progress! I got hold of a second-hand Barbie from a fellow wargamer (thanks James) to use as the basis of the deep sleeping robot.


After some time pulling all that hair out (I got a blister by using pliers!) and some chopping up of the limbs, I think I have a good basis for the model.


I cut out the mouth to see what it looks like - the rubber material is softer than I thought, but nothing that a bit of plasticard and Milliput won't give more rigidity. Yes, it looks creepy to me too.


During the week I plan to glue her together, and start adding bits of plastic and card (pistons, battery packs, etc) to transform her. I'll have to buy some Milliput as I haven't used any for years. I think I can make the deadline still.

No comments:

Post a Comment