02 December 2018

Sheikh Nic and a 100 Pounder Breech-Loading Rifle

I picked up these miniatures a few weeks ago from Nic, and as I had no real use for them I painted them up for him instead.

The first is a Houston's Naval Guns and Ship Fittings 100 pounder BLR (code WC-41). I'm guessing these were used on United States Navy ships from the 1870s, but I wasn't sure so I went with a generic black/dark grey with brass fittings paint scheme.


Nice enough model, though there were a few pockmarks in the casts. It will probably be for this steam tank (photo taken from the Mana Press Facebook page):


Next up is an Arab camel rider that originally had a rifle. I cut off the rifle, and gave him a brass flagpole and extra bag (out of Greenstuff) on the left hand side.


Flag was designed by myself earlier in the year (see https://donnerundblitzenwargaming.blogspot.com/2018/10/pax-practice-game-maximillian-1934.html) and depicts the fictitious Sheikh Nic.

However, I don't know who made the original miniature. Anyone know?

Edit: according to the sleuths at Lead Adventure Forum it seems to be a sculpt from (the now closed) Jeff Valent Studios from the United States. I've tried Google image search and Way Back Machine to see the shop but can't seem to find the camel rider.

No comments:

Post a Comment