27 July 2019

Napoleonic Lithuanian Uhlan Conversion

A long (long) term project is to put together an 15mm Napoleonic French army representing Davout's XIII Corps in northern Germany around Hamburg in 1813-14. This will also include the Danish Auxiliary Corps.

I have almost a full FoGN army (unpainted) with all the relevant 18mm AB Figures (available from Eureka Miniatures). Painting wise I think I'll start with the cavalry, in particular the 17th Lithuanian Chevau-léger (Uhlan) Lancers.

Their uniform looks like this:


And years ago I bought the relevant Grand Duchy of Warsaw line lancer troopers:


But I only bought eight (I think as the original rule set I had in mind was either Lasalle or Shako II), so a few weeks ago I bought the other four needed for a unit... except I bought these Vistula Legion lancer troopers:


Notice the different saddle cloth? Yeah. Bless the internet though, as I quickly found these images with sheepskin throws:


In under 15 minutes I transformed the Vistula Legion lancers to look like this:


They have been undercoated and basecoated with raw umber and a white/raw umber dry brush (what I usually do with all my miniatures). Next, painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment