09 July 2017

Conversions - Lead Legion Space Marines

The Lead Adventure Forum decided that it would be fun to create our own chapter. Further information can be found here:
http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=102072.0

I decided to join in, as the 8th edition Warhammer 40K had actually got me to pull out the unpainted 40K miniatures and maybe even paint something. Or, crazy, buy something new.

The previous post was a colour test, and I think I'll stick to it (but first I'll test out how Vallejo Khaki and Buff look side by side). I was originally thinking of just painting this guy (apologies, black doesn't photograph well):


He was originally just left over from my Space Marine army, so I made a Space Wolves ronin-type character (as a proxy Cypher). He's been unpainted for... never 20 years 😲

Then on Friday I walked into the Melbourne store at lunch time, as I heard that Games Workshop was giving away the new Primaris Marine as samples (to see how they paint up, etc). The dude (he was pretty chill) said he'd unfortunately run out of them, but broke open a set of the Space Marines + Paint Set to give me the three Marines in them. I have been out of the game somewhere between 3rd and 4th edition, a lot has changed (I've seen the bad models over the years).


These guys were quick to put together, and I couldn't help converting them with some Chaos and Kroot bits to make them less Ultramarines and more Space Wolves/White Scars. Hopefully some paint in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment