11 June 2017

Car Wars Conversions Painted

I've finished painting and basing the five cars that were converted earlier. Superglue was used to stick them onto a 3" x 1.5" piece of 3mm MDF followed by a PVA and sand mix for the basing material. They were then spray painted black, followed by Vallejo black acrylic and brush for any bits that were missed. They didn't get a particular special paint job, just simple highlights and some weathering to get them done (to be honest they were a lot more fun to convert).

1965 Pontiac GTO, the leader:


1963 Chevy II with a flamerthrower:


1984 Oldsmobile Hurst/Old, ram car:


Volkswagen SP2, light car to act as a sniper:


Land Rover Defender 90, support truck with turreted grenade launcher:


The flags look a little more pixilated in the photos, while from a normal distance they look fine. I'm planning a game or two of Car Wars in a week and I'll take some pictures of them in game.

Overall I'm happy with them and something I've always wanted to do - and for me to go from purchasing to a game in 4-5 weeks is pretty fast. Finally, there's room in the storage tin I found for them for one more car, so I'll probably do one last conversion at some point in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment